Toplam 9 sonuçtan 1 ile 9 arasındakiler gösteriliyor.

Konu: "in view of" vs "as a result of"

Üyelik tarihi
    Jul 2006
    Yaş
    Mesajlar
    Teşekkür / Beğenme
    Blog Başlıkları
    Rep Gücü

"in view of" vs "as a result of"

ÜDS FEN 14 (2007 MART)
    The theory posits that Earth’s climate changes ---- cyclic variations in the way it orbits the sun.
    A) in place of
    B) in case of
    C) so as to
    D) in view of
    E) as a result of

Let's clarify something: In Turkey, we're all said that "in view of" is used to correlate a cause to an effect. And no doubt, it why we also use "as a result of". Here the question comes: Why does "as a result of" works in the sentence above, while "in view of" does not?
    Akla mağrur olma Eflatun-ı vakt olsan dahi.
    Bir edib-i kâmil gördükde tıfl-ı mekteb ol

Oofer Doofer Misafir
    "Let's clarify something: In Turkey, we're all said that "in view of" is used to correlate a cause to an effect. And no doubt, it why we also use "as a result of". Here the question comes: Why does "as a result of" works in the sentence above, while "in view of" does not?"

Now, that's interesting..........because in English "in view of" doesn't mean that at all.

Üyelik tarihi
    Jul 2006
    Yaş
    Mesajlar
    Teşekkür / Beğenme
    Blog Başlıkları
    Rep Gücü
    Alıntı Oofer Doofer isimli üyeden alıntı Mesajı göster
    "Let's clarify something: In Turkey, we're all said that "in view of" is used to correlate a cause to an effect. And no doubt, it why we also use "as a result of". Here the question comes: Why does "as a result of" works in the sentence above, while "in view of" does not?"

Now, that's interesting..........because in English "in view of" doesn't mean that at all.

Actually, it's very good point. However, many of our books, very famous ones, give "because of" as the synonym of "in view of". (To be frank, some of your guys may give us some reason to think in that way, CLICK)

I totally agree that "because of" can be used instead of "in view of", but does it mean every "because of" can be altered into "in view of"? Are they interchangable?

Here comes another question:

ÜDS SAĞLIK 10 (2005 MART)
    Many severe hormone resistance syndromes are ---- inherited defects in membrane receptors.
    A) in terms of
    B) in case of
    C) due to
    D) in view of
    E) in place of
    Konu MehmetMamger tarafından (09-08-10 Saat 16:04 ) değiştirilmiştir. Sebep: wrong usage

Üyelik tarihi
    May 2010
    Mesajlar
    Teşekkür / Beğenme
    Rep Gücü
    Alıntı Oofer Doofer isimli üyeden alıntı Mesajı göster

Doesn't in view of mean because of?

Oofer Doofer Misafir
    I use them like this:

In view of = An effect or conclusion drawn within a set of established parameters or a specific and stated piece of information.

Because of = something that is a result of something happening, cause and effect.

As a result of = something that happens because of something, cause and effect but a little more specific than 'because of'.

Üyelik tarihi
    Jul 2006
    Yaş
    Mesajlar
    Teşekkür / Beğenme
    Blog Başlıkları
    Rep Gücü
    Alıntı haluqh isimli üyeden alıntı Mesajı göster
    Doesn't in view of mean because of?
    It's what I want to discuss here Haluqh. As far as I know, we can use "because of" instead of "in view of", but not the other way. "In view of" mostly means “Considering, Bearing In Mind, Taking Into Consideration, In Consideration Of”, and we'd better use this prep. phrase only with intelligent bodies; with humans or other humanized figures I mean.

Oofer Doofer Misafir
    Alıntı MehmetMamger isimli üyeden alıntı Mesajı göster

Actually, it's very good point. However, many of our books, very famous ones, give "because of" as the synonym of "in view of". (To be frank, some of your guys may give some reason us to think in that way, CLICK)

I totally agree that "because of" can be used instead of "in view of", but does it mean every "because of" can be altered into "in view of"? Are they interchangable?

Here comes another question:
    ÜDS SAĞLIK 10 (2005 MART)
    Many severe hormone resistance syndromes are ---- inherited defects in membrane receptors.
    A) in terms of
    B) in case of
    C) due to
    D) in view of
    E) in place of
    C due to. Direct cause and effect. This is the result because of that.

Üyelik tarihi
    May 2010
    Mesajlar
    Teşekkür / Beğenme
    Rep Gücü
    The title writes "in vief of" vs "as a result of"; however, it must be "in view of".

Actually, it's very good point. However, many of our books, very famous ones, give "because of" as the synonym of "in view of". (To be frank, some of your guys may give some reason us to think in that way, CLICK)
    What about "some of your guys may give us some reason to think in that way"?

Üyelik tarihi
    Jul 2006
    Yaş
    Mesajlar
    Teşekkür / Beğenme
    Blog Başlıkları
    Rep Gücü
    Alıntı ksfno1 isimli üyeden alıntı Mesajı göster
    The title writes "in vief of" vs "as a result of"; however, it must be "in view of".

What about "some of your guys may give us some reason to think in that way"?
    It's just my bad. Thanks for taking attention to.

Konu Bilgisi