In Brazil, (16) _____ houses 30 percent of the remaining tropical rain forest on Earth, more than 50,000 square miles of rain forest were lost to deforestation (17) _____ 2000 ____ 2005. Biologists (18) ______ the long-term consequences. Drought may be one. Some rain forests, including the Amazon, began experiencing drought in the 1990s, possibly (19) _______ deforestation and global warming. Efforts to discourage deforestation, mainly through sustainable-logging initiatives, are underway on a very limited basis but (20) ______ a negligible impact so far.
16. a) whose b) which c) that
d) where e) when
17. a) by / over b) through / in c) at / to
d) between / and e) away / before
18. a) worry about b) take over c) call off
d) put into e) look for
19. a) contrary to b) in order to c) owing to
d) prior to e) in spite of
20. a) had b) will have had c) had had
d) have had e) are to have
Cevaplar neler olabilir?